How to Change fluid in rear differential Â« Maintenance
23/04/2004 · I have a 99 Silverado 4.8 with a 3.42 rear axle and I want to change the oil in the rear diff. According to the Helm shop manual, I need to know the size of the ring gear, 8 1/2, 9 1/2 or 10 1/2 inch. cause they all have different oil capacities.... To replace a rear seal, the rear axle should be placed securely on jackstands, and the tire removed. Place a drain pan under the end of the tube to catch any gear oil which may drip.
Differential/Gear Oil Replacement Service & Cost
9 Inch Diff oil change Driveline - GMH-Torana
Differential fluid, also called differential oil, provides the lubrication and cooling of the car’s differential. The fluid is there to protect the gears’ metal surfaces from …... 30/11/2018 · Re: XC 90 transfer box & rear diff oil change Post by XVTer » 21 Jun 2012, 20:12 A bit of a late reply, but I just did the driveline fluids on my wife's XC90 so I figured I would share what I learned.
SilveradoSierra.com How to Change Rear Differential
26/12/2012 · Re: 94 DS Club Car Rear End Oil Change I just changed mine in my 88, there are two locations to change and upper and a lower Unit. You will need about a quart for each.... 23/04/2004 · I have a 99 Silverado 4.8 with a 3.42 rear axle and I want to change the oil in the rear diff. According to the Helm shop manual, I need to know the size of the ring gear, 8 1/2, 9 1/2 or 10 1/2 inch. cause they all have different oil capacities.
How To Change Rear End Oil
How to Change your differential oil on a Jeep Grand
- How To Change Rear Differential Fluid F150 Nation
- 2003 Ford F-150 Change Rear End Gear Oil WikituneUp
- How do you change the gear oil in your ford 9" axle
- HOW-TO Change Differential Oils UTV Action Magazine
How To Change Rear End Oil
Rear Axle Bearing Replacement Passenger Car or 1/2 Ton Truck or SUV. Do you see gear oil leaking from the rear wheel? Is your vehicle making a roaring sound that follows the vehicle speed from the rear?
- Rear Axle Bearing Replacement Passenger Car or 1/2 Ton Truck or SUV. Do you see gear oil leaking from the rear wheel? Is your vehicle making a roaring sound that follows the vehicle speed from the rear?
- Gear oils are often supplied in such a bottle, therefore it is best to change the oil in the back axle first, then you can re-use the bottle by filling it with a suitable XL 20w/50 oil to pump into the gearbox.
- The recommendation of most car manufacturers is that you change your rear differential fluid about every 30,000 miles to 50,000 miles. Look at the owner’s manual of your car to find the exact mileage amount. When you are ready to change the fluid, have a licensed mechanic do it so that you don’t mess anything up. It is a dirty job and the differential fluid needs to be thrown away properly
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Macquarie ACT, Mt Crawford ACT, Giralang ACT, Bywong ACT, Taylor ACT, ACT Australia 2672
- New South Wales: Great Marlow NSW, Boggabilla NSW, Kimbriki NSW, Greenacre NSW, Putty NSW, NSW Australia 2082
- Northern Territory: Bellamack NT, Wanguri NT, Wallace Rockhole NT, Herbert NT, Moil NT, Barrow Creek NT, NT Australia 0875
- Queensland: Mt Mceuen QLD, Bongaree QLD, Bond University QLD, Little Mountain QLD, QLD Australia 4028
- South Australia: Hatherleigh SA, Perlubie SA, Black Rock SA, Lucky Bay SA, Goolwa Beach SA, Daveyston SA, SA Australia 5082
- Tasmania: Rutherglen TAS, Interlaken TAS, Detention TAS, TAS Australia 7045
- Victoria: Murrindindi VIC, Rosedale VIC, Williamstown North VIC, Yarragon South VIC, Yaapeet VIC, VIC Australia 3007
- Western Australia: Dalkeith WA, Menzies WA, Dalyellup WA, WA Australia 6041
- British Columbia: Enderby BC, Creston BC, Port Moody BC, Pitt Meadows BC, Slocan BC, BC Canada, V8W 8W8
- Yukon: Koidern YT, Faro YT, Robinson YT, Braeburn YT, Ten Mile YT, YT Canada, Y1A 6C2
- Alberta: Bashaw AB, Medicine Hat AB, Mayerthorpe AB, Coronation AB, Rycroft AB, Rosemary AB, AB Canada, T5K 8J1
- Northwest Territories: Sachs Harbour NT, Fort Resolution NT, Whati NT, Nahanni Butte NT, NT Canada, X1A 8L1
- Saskatchewan: Vanguard SK, Sintaluta SK, Pangman SK, Neudorf SK, Redvers SK, Eston SK, SK Canada, S4P 8C7
- Manitoba: Somerset MB, Winnipeg Beach MB, Dauphin MB, MB Canada, R3B 4P3
- Quebec: Tring-Jonction QC, Trois-Pistoles QC, Carleton-sur-Mer QC, Beloeil QC, Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac QC, QC Canada, H2Y 5W2
- New Brunswick: Hampton NB, St. Stephen NB, Harvey NB, NB Canada, E3B 4H3
- Nova Scotia: Victoria NS, Lockeport NS, Chester NS, NS Canada, B3J 8S8
- Prince Edward Island: St. Nicholas PE, Souris West PE, Cornwall PE, PE Canada, C1A 4N4
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Greenspond NL, Port Blandford NL, Pouch Cove NL, Morrisville NL, NL Canada, A1B 7J9
- Ontario: Goderich ON, Westminster, Middlesex County ON, Cedar Valley, Peterborough County ON, Ennotville, Newmarket ON, Fermoy ON, Wildwood ON, ON Canada, M7A 7L9
- Nunavut: Fort Hearne NU, Igloolik NU, NU Canada, X0A 9H9
- England: Liverpool ENG, Basingstoke ENG, Wakefield ENG, Mansfield ENG, Sale ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 3A8
- Northern Ireland: Belfast NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 9H6
- Scotland: Glasgow SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Livingston SCO, Livingston SCO, Dunfermline SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 5B7
- Wales: Swansea WAL, Swansea WAL, Swansea WAL, Swansea WAL, Barry WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 7D4